THE ROLE OF TOURISM IN SOCIOECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF MOUNTAIN RURAL AREAS OF AZERBAIJAN (ON THE EXAMPLE OF GUBA AND GUSAR DISTRICTS)
Institute of Geography named after acad. H.A.Aliyev of ANAS,
AZ1148, Baku, Azerbaijan
A b s t r a c t
The provision of material and social needs of the population in the mountain rural areas is mainly satisfied at the expense of local natural resources and available opportunities. Use of tourism and recreational resources serve as one of the main sources of employment for mountain regions of developed countries. Because of the structural constraints in production, difficulties in providing employment in the mountainous regions, combined with the unfavorable demographic processes, aggravates the situation. One of the priority directions to eliminate these problems is the creation of tourism facilities using local opportunities: climatic conditions, landscapes, forest resources, mineral and thermal waters of therapeutic value etc. This study was carried out with considering the laws of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the state programs on development, national statistics, fund materials collected in various research institutions, relevant literature, and results of other conducted researches, and through historical and comparative analysis, complex approach, statistical, mathematical and cartographic methods, and GIS technologies.
Keywords: Guba, Gusar, natural tourism resources, tourism potential ,tourism infrastructure, mountain villages, socioeconomic development
- Mehraliyev E. Influence of natural conditions on the population, 206-218. Editor: B.Budagov. Constructive geography of the Republic of Azerbaijan, 1st vol. of 3-vol., Baku, Elm, 1996, 268 p,.
- Encyclopedic Dictionary of Azerbaijani Toponyms. East-West, Baku 2007, 427 p,.
- Azerbaijan in numbers, 2019. ARDSK: 248, Baku
- Regions of Azerbaijan, 2019. ARDSK: 794, Baku
- Tourism in Azerbaijan, 2019. ARDSK: 98, Baku
- Budagov B. Legendary stones. Baku, Elm, 1973, 85 p
- Geybullayev G. On the ethnic history of Azerbaijanis. Azerneshr, Baku, 1994, 91 p.
- Hajiyev G, Rahimov B.. Climate characteristics of the administrative districts of Azerbaijan. Elm, Baku, 1977, 270 p.
- Imrani Z. Guba-Khachmaz economic district. Elm, Baku, 2007, 172 p.
- Imrani Z., Soltanov E, Fatullayeva M., The role of climate factors in the development of tourism in Azerbaijan.Works of the Azerbaijan Geographical Society, XX vol.: 2017, p. 505-510
- Imrani Z., Zeynalova K.. Economic and geographical features of the territorial organization of the economy in Azerbaijan, Nafta-Press, Baku, 2014, 232 p.
- Soltanova H.. Tourism and its development in the Republic of Azerbaijan. AzTU, Baku, 2015, 476 p.
- Pashayeva M.. Ancient Land of Khinalig in Azerbaijan. Azerneshr: Baku, 2006, 60 p.
- Piriyev, V.. Budug and the population of Budug. Sabah: Baku, 1994, 138 p.
- Ronald, W.. The peoples of the USSR. Armonc: 10504, 1984, New York
- Anonym, Guba region: Khinalig, Alik and Haput villages. https://gsaz.az/articles/view/187/Quba-rayonu-Xinaliq-Alik-va-Haput-kandlari (2019, 27 December).
- Anonym, Our history is our wealth: Kurgans of Jek. https://az.trend.az/azerbaijan/culture/2176833.html (2019, 27 December).
Publication Date : January 27, 2020
Download the article